Life is Funny, except when it's really not

Musings of a wacky American Muslim, with an obsession for all things literary, Asian pop culture and gummi candy as she lives life embracing both the funny and the not-so-funny.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Liebster Blog Reward ^__^

Hiya beautiful people!!!

So, a good friend of mine, Amanda, recently won the Liebster Blog Award. Join me in congratulating her... ~Congrats, Amanda~... Go say hi here: http://girlwithapenandadream.blogspot.com/

So, as a part of the award process, she's suppose to tag 10 people who each then answer the questions that she chose and then tag another 10 people. As I am socially inept, I don't have too many friends who blog, except one other and Amanda and there are no tag-backs! lol So, I'll just answer the questions, I never said I was one to completely follow all of the rules.

Don't know what the bleeding hell I'm talking about? Here's some info about the award:



The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The Rules:

1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves

2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.

3. Choose 10 ONE (lol) people person and link them in your post.

4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.

5. Remember, no tag backs Whatever!


And here I go!

Me 10 Facts:

  1. My hair color is dark brown, but can look a little lighter in the sun. (I find that people are morbidly curious (as in are about to DIE, they want to know so badly) about my hair as I wear a hijab and it is rarely seen. So here's a little clue.)
  2. I am obsessed with Asian dramas! I watch so much Korean and Taiwanese dramas. Visit my review blog - Looney Express: Crazy Reviews - for more info of all of the ones I've watch. Do you watch Korean dramas too? Then, please comment! I need a fangirl buddy to gush with! =)
  3. As a result of my Kdrama obsession and listening to countless soundtracks, I am equally hooked on Korean pop music! It's so good! The US hasn't seen any real boy bands since the Backstreet Boys and Nsync, but Korean boybands are just coming alive! And man, can those boys turn a gal into a steaming puddle of goo! lol Visit my Favorite Kpop playlist here, for all of my faves.
  4. My favorite color is pink, though I once hated it as a child, deeming it too girlie.
  5. Despite being an avid reader, I've yet to read the Harry Potter series, though I've been meaning to for so long.
  6. I may be 20, soon-to-be-21, but, *whispers* my body hosts the soul of a perpetual 12-year-old. I love kid movies like "Up" and "Tangled". I'm very playful and silly. I bite my mom in affection. lol
  7. My favorite number is 13, cause it's my birthday. My birthday's been Friday the 13th twice already. I'm waiting for it to happen a third time, cause things happen in three's don't they? It won't be this year though, as my birthday will land on a Saturday. Maybe when I'm really bored, I'll skip ahead a bunch of years and see when it will happen.
  8. I put my watch on my right hand instead of my left. I never thought it was weird until I started noticing that everyone else puts theirs on their left. Is there an unwritten rule somewhere that says watches belong on one's left wrist? Pisses me off! lol
  9. I'm an avid reader and journal writer. I've been writing journals since I started high school. They're even numbered. I'm up to number 6...
  10. Last, but not least, my favorite fruit is strawberry. I even recently got strawberry printed pajamas from Old Navy. I love them. I almost feel as happy wearing them as I do eating strawberry, almost. ^__^

Amanda's 10 Questions for Moi!

http://girlwithapenandadream.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

1. When did you start blogging?

Uh...? *runs and looks at first blog's archive* So, I've been blogging since April of 2008...WOW! Even I'm surprised.

2. What made you decide to start a blog?

I don't know. I've always liked writing and putting my thoughts down on paper.

3. Why did you pick the topic that you did for your blog?

...I have three different blogs with three different topics! lol I like blogging, so whenever I come up with an idea for a post that may not quite fit the theme of one blog, I create a new one. I have my Looney Express blog where I review dramas/movies/anime that I watch and books that I read, My Creative site--FH Photographs and Writing-- is where I post my writing and photography (not as often as I'd like) and this blog is an extension of my private journal.

4. How often do you blog?

Sporadically! I can write 3 posts, three days in a row, or go months without writing even one. Depends on what I have to say and whether I'm too lazy to say it!

5. Do you ever get into a rut with your blog?

YUP!

6. How do you get yourself out of it?

I don't try. lol Either I do, or I don't.

7. What is your favorite part of blogging?

The writing, the ranting.

8. Your least favorite part?

Not having much of an audience and interaction.

9. Do you plan to blog "long-term"?

I think so.

10. What is your favorite blog post you've written so far?

It was hard to choose, but I think this one about visiting my native country--The Gambia--for the first time: http://lifeisfunnyexceptwhenitsnot.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-20th-year-of-existence-2011-january.html

The people I am tagging:

http://rima4life.blogspot.com/

http://girlwithapenandadream.blogspot.com (Screw it, I'm tagging back. lol)

My Questions for my tagger (and ANY visitors who also have blogs. Let me know if you decide to answer the questions. Leave a link in the comments).

  1. What is your favorite fruit?
  2. Why do you blog?
  3. Do you like Asian dramas (esp. Korean)? *crosses fingers* lol
  4. What do you feel passionate about?
  5. What are your career goals? Current or future.
  6. If you had a dollar, what would you buy?
  7. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
  8. What's your favorite color? Why?
  9. What's your favorite movie or types of movies?
  10. What's your favorite fictional character?


DONE! That was a super long post.



Until next time,

Tuma
Life is Funny!

1 comment:

  1. Many lil comments will be coming at many different times lol. I'm an avid journal keeper too! I've been keeping one since I was 11. I think I'm up to number 23 or 24

    ReplyDelete